Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Last 30 Days of NYC - Days 18 & 19

This week marks only three weeks left in the Big Apple, with two weekends and 3 full weeks of work, memories, and more cherished times with the community I have come to love and adore! <3 


May 7th 2012

 1. Today started with this picture and the caption "Open my eyes to the things unseen..." So many days I don't start off expecting God to work in miraculous ways, even if I can't see what those ways are. I want to hope for more, dream for more, expect for more. I want to live each day in a way where my eyes are open to the seen and unseen and that I would hope, dream, and expect more from the unseen. 
2. FRAPPYHOUUURRR!!!! Enough said :D 

3. I was so excited to put this post up, one because I finally get to talk about my sister. You see my sister is one of a kind with a cherry on top! She has her style that is all her own, as do I. One thing we both have in common is that we love to make each other laugh. We love to let each other know we care without actually caring too much. It's are complicated mess of a sisterhood and we both know we will always love each other for who they are! Looks like I will be getting a tattoo in the future! Not for this blog series ;) 

May 8th, 2012
1. This morning I took a detour, meaning I got lost, on my way to the subway. As I did I walked by some beautiful brownstones and this church. What a beautiful symbol of hope, assurance, and tranquility. I don't know if that is what was intended, but it sure did give me that impression! 

2. WEDGESS! As most know, I love shoes, clothes, and anything fabulous. With that said, I have been wanting to get these wedges since I first saw them, and I finally did :) I love the detail and their versatility to be worn with all my shorts, dresses, and pants! :) 


3. I had the honor of attending the weekly Prayer service hosted by the Brooklyn Tabernacle church. The church is known for their amazing choir and their belief in the power of Prayer. It was an eye-opening experience to see the trust in the Lord this church gave. Honestly, brought me back to my Southern Baptist days, so it was very nostalgic as well. There was a man who told a story about his son who he adopted from Ethiopia and how they had found the sons family on his last visit living in a mud house. The father and grandmother were in shock that the boy was still alive. So much of our life is entrusted into the hands of God and so much of it we try and control ourselves. I was humbled by many things this night, but one more than anything, what I let go and give to God should be trusted and given sure assurance that He will do what He has promised to do. 



No comments:

Post a Comment