Friday, May 11, 2012

Last 30 Days of NYC- Day 16 & 17

May 9th & 10th, 2012

Wednesday, May 9th


  • Today was a great day, but didn't get to take many pictures! It has been crazy rainy in NYC the past few weeks, so the day was mostly spent inside the office! I did however venture out at night to meet a friend for dinner and got a little bored on the subway ride (picture below)! We ate at the Landmarc Restaurant in Columbus Circle/Time Warner Center and it was a night full of delicious food and great conversation! 

  • Also on the subway, I went through my pictures and decided to make this collage. My best friends are few and far between.Within the last 10 months I have been in NYC I have met some amazing people and made friends I will have forever, but no matter who I met, I always knew I had something that could never be taken away by distance. Though I am moving back to Texas now, I know that no matter where the good Lord takes us in the future, these girls will be my forever friends. Kendall and I met over 4 years ago, her freshman year and my sophomore year of college. We've been best friends ever since. Michelle and I met over 3 years ago through a friend in class, and in the past year we have become friends that will forever make each other laugh and encourage each other to reach for the stars. Samantha Jo and I met over 5 years ago my freshman, her sophomore year of college. We have always remained super close and her sense of humor could put a smile on my face in the hardest of days and her outlook on life always causes me to ask for advice. Jordan and I met in school over 2 1/2 years ago, and we walked from class to class together until the Good Lord made a way for us to be able to live together. Her and I have always known that there are few people in our lives that stay and we both know that friendships like ours will continually be the glue to hold you together. Hollis, oh Holly! I have known this girl for over 10 years now, I know forever, and we have been best friends for most of that. We have seen miles separate us more than once and we also have seen the best and worst of experiences. She has held me through times when I didn't think I could make it, showing me that even in the hardest times, God's light shines when all else fades. 
These women will be in my life forever and I pray that I can honor and encourage them as much as they do me for the rest of my time here! <3 



Thursday, May 10th

  • Today was the first day I have seen the sun in a long time :) It was  new day full of new possibilities! The light can make you feel like anything is possible! 


  • This night I went with a friend to eat dinner in East Village at La Palabo which was great Mexican food. Yes, I said it, in NYC. 


  •  When I was younger and watch way to much TV there was a show called Sex in the City that you might have heard of. Well, they lived in these amazing houses that are called Brownstones and lets just say to live in one, you gotta be making a lot more than Carrie Bradshaw. But I digress to say that this house in East Village was covered with greenery and all you needed was Italy in the background to make it my perfect dream getaway spot. So maybe one day ;) 




No comments:

Post a Comment