Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Last 30 Days of NYC-Day 8

Friday, May 18th, 2012
  • TODAY WAS AMAZING :) 
  • I started the day off by having breakfast by the MOMA :) It was a lovely day so I was able to sit on the patio of Lindy's and have a wonderful breakfast! 
Lindy's Diner Midtow
Me :) 
Random Walking Skyline Picture 
  • After Lindy's I headed to the MOMA where I spent a good 2 hours enjoying, thinking, walking slowly, and taking all the art in. It's an amazing thing, art. It can tell you so many stories without saying anything, but it can speak volumes. It has a way of taking your breath away just knowing the talent that is alive in our world today. We all have something to give this world, but these artist have such skill, precision, and visionary creativity it really is magnificent. 
The 9/11 Memorial Chopper, Engraving, and Me in front of the North Pool. 

 9/11 Memorial Sign, North Pool, and the Tower that will stand 104 Floors. 
Where the Towers will Stand Again! 




 Names Engraved on the Memorial. 

  • I left the MOMA and headed to the 9/11 Memorial. This was something I have been looking forward to for awhile. When I was in 8th grade I wrote a paper about the attacks and actually won, but this day has always sort of stuck with me. It's a day when millions Americans, and people all over the world, woke up. It's a reality that we live in a world with good and evil. I got here and was immediately overcome. The pools are breathtaking, the structures that are being built stand for so much more than just renovation, and the names graved on the outer parts of the pool are heartbreaking. It's crazy to me each one of those names had a family, a mother, a father, a sister, a brother, maybe a wife and children. Lives lost too young and even heart broken with no sense of closure. This memorial is a place for closure. A place to know that peace surpasses that of what the world tries to break us of. 
Front of the MOMA, Design Floor and Painting Floor
Sculpture Floor and the Cindy Sherman Exhibit Entrance
Starry Night (My Favorite) 
  • From the 9/11 Memorial I headed to get a mani/pedi and then to meet Anja for dinner. Anja is a dear friend who's wisdom and knowledge is way past her years and her depth of love for the Lord is contagious. I have learned so much from her and I look forward to see what great things the Lord does through her life! It's a blessing to know such amazing women of God. 
Me and Anja, The Sunset on Hudson River, and the NYC Skyline at night from The Frying Pan
NYC Day and Night Skyline
  • Speaking of women of God, after that we headed to celebrate our lovely Aussie's Birthday. It was a great night to fellowship and drink to her life and it also was a sobering reality to me to cherish this and remember it, it all comes and goes too quickly. 
Bess, Krista, Anja, and Kelley! <3 

No comments:

Post a Comment