Saturday, April 7, 2012

Overwhelmed to Overflowing

Have you ever felt overwhelmed? I have. Most of my life I have felt overwhelmed, but in a sense of suffereing, pain, or heartache. So whatever overwhelming feeling you are feeling, don't worry, I probably have been there; along with a few other million people.

Overwhelmed. A word that could depict most of our lives as we run day to day trying to pick up the pieces left from the day before to make it to the next. Today's post really has nothing to do with writing a blog, but more for remembering a moment. 

The moment when I truly was overflowing instead of being overwhelmed. A moment when my cup was so full of finally seeing all of the Lord's goodness and amazing love in my life. Tonight, sitting in a circle of friends in New York City, eating food we had cooked together and drinking a glass of wine in coffee cups. No royal engagement, no passover dinner, but a night where God showed up. 

He has taught me so much in the last 8 months I have lived in this city. The main one, being overwhelmed isn't a lifestyle I choose to lead, nor one I would encourage any one else to lead.

A few insights...

Being overwhelmed:
1. Isn't trusting that God can handle it all, it's taking control and believing you are the one handling it. 
2. Doesn't get you ahead, it makes all the work you do now and in the future less of "amazing" because of your lack of concentration. 
3. Isn't living, its surviving 

Overflowing:
1. Is a joy that can't be measured or even spoken, for some simple words of Oh What a Savior will do...
2. Is a feeling of love, rainbows, cupcakes, and beauty all in one smile
3. Is an emotion that isn't driven off the need of anyone elses approval, but of the complete satisfaction in Him and Him alone

I don't pretend nor I ever want anyone to believe that I know anything at all of what all a walk full of your cup overflowing looks like. I pray every day I learn more and more of what this is...so then when I know it fully in heaven, it will make these days all the more sweet.

So as I said, tonight isn't really for anyone else, or maybe it is, but it's more for me to remember of my cup overflowing.

What a time for the Lord to reveal it to me, the same weekend I am remembering His ultimate sacrifice. He sacrificed so I could be satisfied. He laid down His life so that I could live my life. 

Oh What a Savior...How my Cup is Overflowing

No comments:

Post a Comment