Thursday, August 18, 2011

Reflecting, Renewing, Restarting

Hello All!

Well, I made it! I am currently sitting in Starbucks in Manhattan and really just in awe of how I got here and all the amazing things I have learned through this past summer!

God has taken me and changed, sanctified, and rescued me in so many ways and I know that these will continue to be the case for the rest of my life. God has shown me that it's okay to change and it's okay to let His will be done because it really is ALL  for my perfect good! 

I sit here and write to those in the middle of a transition stage or beginning one, those who are going through a particular difficult time and even those who just feel that Lord is about to do something amazing in your life. I have been given a calling to write and tell all who will listen about the Glorious and powerful works of Christ Jesus and how He Alone really is enough; so this is what I am doing :) 

"The Spirit of the Sovereign Lord is on me because the Lord 
has anointed me to preach good news..." 
Isaiah 61:1

Reflecting: 
As I look back at the last few months, I am honestly overwhelmed with hope, joy, and amazement. Where I was six months ago can't compare to where the Lord has brought me. I have been healed and rescued by the blood of the Lamb and am for once in my life solely and dependent on my Husband, Jesus Christ. There is nothing I want more than to wake up to serve Him and go to bed thinking of Him. I have grown as a woman of God and as a woman in general. I have made friends and even let go of some, I have been out of the country and experience life in another culture as well as been to another state and experienced a different life of Americans. There is nothing I have done that has not taught me something and there are plenty of mistakes I have made that have shown me the path of living and learning through Christ's eyes. 

Renewing:
I sit here now looking at the faces that pass by on the sidewalk and look at the line that goes out the door with people who either are visiting or getting coffee on their break. Its just crazy that through all of this I see people, I see hearts, and I see God more clearly than ever before. I see my calling as a daughter of Christ and I see that there are many points in my life when God was slowly opening my eyes to see what I now see. 

This is where I take a break and stop talking about myself and encourage you. I know most of you who read this and some I don't, whoever you are I know that if you have read this far you must know that God is your Savior, or do you need a reminder? God has called you and is leading you everyday to serve Him. An encouraging word...

"You are each in the palm of my hand and you have been brought to where you are for this season in your life for the purpose of growing, maturing, and exemplifying my name. You are the fruit of my Kingdom and I have a plan for each of you. I give you the courage to go, the faith to believe, and the hope for tomorrow. I will show you the way and more than this, I am the way. So hold onto me and know that when you are in my hands, no one can take you away. Come near to me and I will come near to you. There are beautiful days ahead and for those of you struggling, I give you my joy to rest on today and always. There is beauty in the change and there is courage in the fight. So don't give up and do not grow weary for there are too many days ahead where your voice is need to uplift another, your body is needed to serve a brother or sister in need, and your mind is needed for the growing and uplifting of my body." 

Restarting: 
I am in New York City, a place where many people live but few people find true life. So I have been given a mission to go and speak and build up. I have no idea what this looks like nor do I even know how long I will be here; what I do know is that God has me. As I sometimes get asked these questions and respond in this way some may find it as crazy but then there is a hope in these words that even non-believers find comforting. I don't have all the answers but I do have a book to lead me in truth and hope, I have a heart that is filled with the Holy Spirit, and I have the faith to keep going even when all the other doesn't seem to fill. 

This is my first post for this new season, new journey, and new beginning. I am ready for what God has for me. I ended my journey in Denton with a dinner at Chuy's with some amazing friends. This is for each of you: You all are my light and my joy. You have given me the hope to know that I CAN do all things through Christ who gives me strength and as my phone continues to go off with text of encouragement, there is nothing I want greater than for the Lord to bless you all ten-fold for your hearts of love and adoration for Him and for me. I will be seeing you all very soon...

I am left with nothing more than gratitude and joy. Thank you all for loving me and praying for me and please if anyone is interested in contacting me feel free!

jessicapittman11@gmail.com

Blessings to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment