Friday, August 5, 2011

Day 2 and 3 of Israel...

Hello My Friends, Family, and Followers,

I am so excited to be able to contact you tonight! I know it is earlier in the day for most of you but here is is 9:30PM we are all sitting in the lobby having our dates with WiFi. Pretty crazy how we can go nuts by not having internet for two whole days! I just want to start off by telling you how AMAZING the trip is and I am so excited to tell you all about it and show you so many pictures!

First I want to tell you the flight was brutal but it was perfect since I stayed up till 5am on the first day! I we landed then headed straight to the tours of the last two days.

It has been a beautiful experience; from sheep herding to Mount Beatitudes to Caesarea Philippi the first 1 1/2 days!  I am so excited about this, it was a beautiful time to spend with the Lord and really dive into why I have been brought here and what exactly I am meant to do through this organization and beyond! Also, yesterday I we went on the Sea of Galilee! This was beautiful experience to soak in yet again that I was in the Holy Land!

Mount Beatitudes

Sea of Galilee
 

Today we were able to meet with IDF (Israel Defense Force) soldiers along the Lebonese border! These young men range anywhere from 18-22! Can you believe that? We say goodbye to our families to go enrich our learning in university classrooms and they say goodbye and head out to fight terrorism on the borders of Israel. This was amazing to really open my eyes to the opportunities I have been given in the US that I was completely unaware of. These young men showed me what it was like to have joy in the midst of chaos and hope in the history of tragedy.

After this we went as a group rafting through the Jordan River! Yes, the Jordan River! It was so fun and I actually found a new hobby!

So then we drove to Jerusalem! The HOLY CITY! I am so excited to see the beautiful sites tomorrow of the Old City. But tonight we went to the Shabbat service at the WESTERN WALL! It was probably one of the most awarding times of my life. To be in the place where Jesus was and was slain for me is just amazing, sanctifying, and humbling.

So after recording this all, I am left with a loving joyful and beautiful feeling of joy and humbleness like I have never felt before. God has granted me the amazing privilege to join these 38 other leaders from all over America! I am beyond looking forward to what God has for me in the next few days as I look forward to camel riding, visiting the Old City, and many many more wonderful adventures!

Stay Tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment