Monday, August 15, 2011

Looking Back to Look Forward

Hello All,

Well as I sit in my best friends living room and soak in so many memories, as most might know, it calls me to write!

There are times in your life when you wonder if this will be a moment you remember for the rest of your life, and I have to say, yes! God has given me the grace to let go, the faith to hang on, and the strength to keep going! There are moments in all of our lives when you can't see in front of you so you try and look back to remember so you might can "guess" what God is going to do next; am I right? Although this might be dangerous, it can also be a renewing of the mind to remember God's most beautiful attributes in your own life! 

As I look back I realize that God has provided, loved, adored, conquered, strengthened, and changed for me and to me through it all! It has been a journey, a fight, a race, and a challenge. There are days when I look back and remember I thought I couldn't have made it past that day, and now look where I am at! God is beautiful and amazing and also gentle! He knows are deepest needs even if we don't even know what those needs might be!

So yes, I ramble on and on to get to the point of this blog! God gave me Israel to define in my life the closing of chapter, and the beginning of another. I have looked back to realize the woman I am now is because of all those memories and I look forward to thank God for the amazing promises He is about to fulfill! He gives us a battle to prove that He always wins the fight!

I look back on High School, College, Israel, and the many moments when God has swept in and rescued me and I look forward as I say goodbye to friends for New York and thank God that He is sweeping me up once more into His arms for the next journey of my life.

I can't wait to see what God has in store for the next chapter, but I also mourn the ending of this one. I love each and every one of my friends here in Denton and I know God gave me each one of them to show me how to love, how to lead, and how to open up! I will cherish each memory and hold it in my heart to tell my future friends, family, and church!

So I encourage you all today to look back ONLY if it will help you look forward!

Blessings

<3

No comments:

Post a Comment