Thursday, July 21, 2011

"Some trust in chariots, some trust in horses..."

Good Evening All!

As I sit in my living room in Denton, Texas after spending a week in the nations capital; I reminisce on the past week and the past day on what God has shown me, granted me, and blessed me with.

"Some trust in chariots, some trust in horses, but we trust in the name of the Lord our God." 
Psalm 20:7

I was reading through the Psalms on the plane today and this verse caught my eye and stirred my heart. I know that there are many moments in life when you remember every detail of it; this week was one of them. Up until this week I have trusted in the chariots and horses of this life. I will refer to the chariots as other people and other things and the horse as myself. 

Many people and many things in life can be perceived as ones that will work, that will protect, and that will provide some kind of eternal pleasure; but they all fail. Whether this is future goals, money, relationships, and/or success. All these can pass away in the blink of an eye or ride away as a chariot would. There is no trust in a chariot. 

My testimony breeds one of grace and mercy and the amazing story of God rescuing me, yet I still tried for so long to ride away on a path I created for myself. I have failed time and time again to try and carry all of life's burdens by myself; just as a horse buckles under pressure, as do I. 

So for all these examples I will share with you a few pictures from this week that brings joy and beauty to my life. The support of Israel is a love that has grown into a passion that will never ride away or buckle. The trust of God to bring me a man that will initiate and pursue a Godly relationship will never ride away or buckle under the pressures of worldly expectations. Though I will fail myself, the truth of these are forever etched in my heart.

These are the joys of my life, the friends that I have gained this week will be ones I will keep for a lifetime. I love you all and cannot wait to see the amazing plans God has for you in the future. If you are not in here, does not mean you are not loved, just don't have enough room! 




I cannot wait to see where God uses the information I have learned this week, the divine appointments I have been involved in, and the beautiful love I have been shown. I know God has amazing things in store for the next few months whether personally or with CUFI! 

God has shown me to trust in Him and not the chariots and horses of this world! 

Be Blessed and Can't wait to share with you the joys of my Israel Trip and the Hard part of saying goodbye to a wonderful chapter of my life! 

No comments:

Post a Comment