Monday, July 25, 2011

I finally said "I do..."

Hello My fellow friends!

I hope you are having a marvelous day!

I wanted to share an amazing story about a girl who finally said "I do"

This girl grew up hidden, scared, and stubborn. She rejected any form of help, even that of her Saviors'. For years she buried her heart in the midst of busyness and to-do's. Through the course of recovering from many wounds, she discovered a light of love and joy like she had never felt before. Sooner than she thought she entered college realizing finally that she was broken and in need of deep healing. College years flew by and soon she was standing face to face with the "big-girl" world in front of her. Saying goodbye to the friends who had become her family, letting go of relationships that would never be, and opening the door to a fabulous testimony of grace and mercy. As she stared into the future opportunity, she realized she had finally learned to hand everything over to her Savior rather than rejecting Him once more. As she had many times she had a dream of her watching a beautiful sunset with the Lover of her Soul seated next to her. As He stood and reached out for her hand she noticed her long silk white dress flowing from her body, as a long nightgown, if you can imagine. But as she rose and stood she looked down again to find herself clothed in the most beautiful white wedding dress she had ever seen. As she looked up to see her Savior dressed in a suit and all her friends and family standing to watch them walk down the aisle. As she stared into His eyes she finally knew without a shadow of doubt or fear that her Savior had come to save her and release her from the bondage and wounds of the past and sweep her into the future of love, joy, and peace. As they walked down the aisle to the beautiful arch of greenery and white lilies, she was overtaken with emotion when He leaned over and said, "You finally said I do to me..."

This is a story that should stretch your heart to see the beauty in falling in love. This girl is me. My Savior has swept me off my feet and I now know what it is to be a woman in love.

I pray this encouraged you to dig deeper with Him today and let the joy of knowing He loves you enough to sacrifice His Son give you the encouragement you need to take a leap of faith and do whatever it is He has called you to do!

I leave for Israel in ONE WEEK! I know it is pretty crazy how fast this summer has flown by! I am so excited to see where God will take us through this journey! I pray you join me on this quest in my life and may God lift you up in whatever circumstance you are in today!

Be Blessed!

1 comment:

  1. What a great story, Jess! God has made you such a beautiful woman!

    ReplyDelete