Thursday, February 23, 2012

Simple Reminder-You are Meant for Great Things

Hi Guys,

Well, its a busy work day, but I just can't seem to stop from thinking that I want to do so much more. Have you ever thought about your life, your day to day routine? Are you in high school trying to figure out what to wear to school the next day, where the basketball game will be next week, or what TV show to get hooked onto now. Are you in college, running around like crazy for test, projects, Greek week, or even just a part-time job that should be more like full-time. Or, are you like me, graduated, working in the real world, just trying to find your place in the world right now, in this moment, to remember that you are meant for greater things.

I read a blog by one of my friends the Lord has blessed me with, Hope. Her name is Hope, and her faith gives me hope. She is a missionary in Haiti working for a children's organization. I am amazed at her faith, wisdom, and trust in the Lord. I am blessed to know her.

As I was reading her blog today it occured to me that she is across the nation and still looking for the same thing I am, greater things. The things she does for those children brings tears to my eyes. All they know is dust and starving, and she washes their feet and feeds their bellies and souls. So I read this as I sit in my skyscaper office in New York City, and wonder, who's better off? Dusty feet or High Heels?

All in all, I know the Lord has called me, called us all to greater things? So what do we do until we get there? Well, it occurred to me today that, I'm already in the greater things. I'm right where the Lord wants me, has lead me, and is changing me, I'm in His will. And that is the greater thing.

I pray that one day I can stand in front of millions of women and encourage and uplift them to see the true beauty that lies within them, to tell them that they are BEAUTIFUL, and to show them that God is always with you. My life is the testament to the gospel of Jesus Christ and I can't wait for that to be my everyday routine, but for now, I stand amazed that the Lord would choose me to woo, to pursue, to be meant for greater things.

I am thankful and I want you to be thankful and to know to not give up just because your daily routine seems pointless or hopeless, to know that you are meant for great things, today!

May you be encouraged and uplifted, and know from the bottom of my heart, I pray the Lord shines His face upon you!

<3

No comments:

Post a Comment