Sunday, February 19, 2012

Resting while Acting in Faith

Good Morning my Lovely Friends,

I pray that you are all at church or attending church today, not because you have to, but because it's re-filling that heart that might have been emptied by the world's doubt, fear, hopelessness, and sin. God calls us to worship in community to build our own hearts as we build up each other.

Over the past few months the Lord has really been calling me to be silent and listen. If you know me personally, and probably even if you don't, you might know that this has not always been the easiest for me to do. I am a pro-active "get-er doner!" I like to have things done when they need to be done, and most of all I like doing that because it puts me in control of circumstances. So, as I mentioned, the Lord has called me to rest in His silence. He has called me to join with Him as I lay every single circumstance at His feet and rest.

What circumstances are you going through right now and you know the last thing you have done is lay them at the King's feet? 

So you ask, while I am resting how are things getting done? When you are relying on the Lord for your strength, for your hope, for your continued daily renewal; you are giving Him the reigns. This is called acting in Faith my friends. How many profess to believe but don't have the faith? Faith can't be seen, it can only be felt. Faith can't be examined, it can only be tested. One of my friends said in a sermon that I listened to last night something that hit me square in the face;

"I can be running around doing a million different things, but on the inside I am sitting down." -Nathan Teeters
He was referring to the scripture in Luke 10:38-42 where Jesus enters Mary and Martha's house. So crazy I spoke about this scripture in a previous blog recently. But it's so crazy that it takes God continually reminding us of the same topic for us to fully have faith that He is who He says He is. How devistating to Him to know that His own Son's and Daughter's have trouble believing in their own Father.

So today, I pray that you not only go to church to have your heart filled, but to have your feet readied, your hands opened, and your eyes fixed on Him. God has called you to rest today, but I pray that we don't stop acting in Faith. Our church needs our faith, our family needs our faith, our friends need our faith, our co-workers need our faith, the lost need our faith, and we can't survive without our faith.

"No eye has seen, no ear has heard, no mind has conceived what God has prepared for those who love Him -- but God has revealed it to us by His Spirit." 1 Corinthians 2:9-10

My brothers and sisters, God has called us to rest because no matter what we do we cannot "conceive what God has prepared," but we do act in faith because "God has revealed it to us by His Spirit." God has given us the choice to sit and let us be amazed at Him and the choice to put our hope, our trust, and our joy in the knowledge that His Holy Spirit has come to give us faith while we wait.

So may you rest in His love as you act in faith!

No comments:

Post a Comment