Friday, February 3, 2012

Are you Dizzy?

Good Morning Y'all!

It's been a wonderful morning here in the Big Apple. God is so good to me and I am completely astounded how He continues to move within me and in my heart every moment of every day. 

Are you Dizzy? 

The world goes round and round, it is a continual circular object that continues to go around whether we are going with it or not. I have realized so many times I get so caught up in trying to keep up with the next turn that I get dizzy trying to keep up. I am continually trying to be better, to move ahead so I don't get behind, and what happens, I get behind. 

God has given us a road map, called His word, to give us the direction in which to go. (let me tell you, there are no circles in the bible, its all one narrow road!) 

I love the story about Mary and Martha (Luke 10:38-42) just for this instance. Martha is running around like crazy trying to get ready for the Lord and make Him feel "hospitable" in her house (sound familiar?), when Mary is just sitting at the feet of Jesus. 

"Martha, Martha, " the Lord answered, "you are worried and upset about many things. but only one thing is needed. Mary has chosen what is better, and it will not be taken from her." vs.42 

How many times have we told God, "I'm doing this for you..." "I'll stop doing this Lord, even though I know it's not exactly what you are asking, I am comfortable in doing this right now..." or have you ever been Martha and have gone in circles so many times around God before you saw that the only thing you needed to do was stop and sit at His feet? 

The world will always go round and round, but just as Mary, we don't have to be of the world to be in it. I pray that today you seek God over the world and that you seek His feet instead of the busyness surrounding.

A hard lesson learned for one day, but don't worry, you have eternity to sit at His feet! 

"God, may you bless and keep each individual who reads this. May your face shine upon them and may you give them an extra dose of your supernatural wisdom and provision. May you lead them in time management, may you shower them with love and hope to get through the day, and may you equip them to go and be the disciples of your Kingdom. I love you Lord and I know you have called, so we answer and we sit and enjoy your presence. Be our everything in the midst of anything." Amen

May you fight the Martha attitude of the world and be the Mary. 

<3 

No comments:

Post a Comment