Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Worth It...

Good Brunch Time,

I hope you all are doing amazing. I just finished a visit back home this weekend and it was wonderful, amazing, and considerably perspective changing.

"I consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us. The creation waits in eager expectation for the sons of God to be revealed." 
Romans 8:18-19

It's been quite awhile since I had been in Denton, Texas (well 2 months) and it was the longest I had been away from there in over 3 years. Although this may not seem like a lot for the older generation, its a very crazy and weird feeling to return to a place that had such an impact on who you are today. I believe that many things in life shape you for the calling that Christ has on your life. Whether you are aware of that calling at age 16 or 60, God has been shaping all of us to bring glory and honor to Him and Him alone. This is worth it. There are many things that I have finally realized that are worth it.

I believe that finally letting go of my plans and letting God do what He does best is finally worth it. 
I believe that clinging to Him is worth it. 
I believe in trusting in His plan for my life and not my own is worth it. 
I believe in waiting for who God has for me rather than trying to find him on my own is worth it. 
And I know that loving Christ more than anything else in this life is more than worth it, its all or nothing for me. 

This whole blog came from, you guessed it, a song. I know that many times in life God uses certain lyrics to penetrate our hearts in a way to wake us up and realize what He has been trying to tell us for some time. I don't know what tomorrow will bring or even this afternoon; but I do know that giving my life daily for Christ and picking up the cross and following Him will be more than worth it on that final day...




Blessings to you today and always.

No comments:

Post a Comment