Tuesday, November 27, 2012

The Love that Gives Hope - Dedicated to the future Mr. and Mrs. Casey Schutza

 Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away. For we know in part and we prophesy in part,  but when completeness comes,what is in part disappears. When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put the ways of childhood behind me.  For now we see only a reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.  And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. 

 But the greatest of these is love.
1 Corinthians 13:8-13
I couldn't let something this beautiful, touching, and inspiring go without a blog post. 

Genna Hinds is a beautiful and wonderful friend of mine whose friendship has inspired me in times of joy and encouraged me in times of hardship. Looking back on it now, I met Casey first while we lived in Victory together at my first year at UNT. 

Casey and I realized we both had something in common - Jesus - and we became friends. One day Casey had been texting me about this "Genna" and asking for advice but my only knowledge about her was that he was crazy about her. Coincidentally, that same week I was holding a "Finding Your Crown" bible study at my apartment and in comes this new girl. We start the bible study and Genna informs me that she is "Casey's Genna..." 

We have been friends ever since and I can honestly say that I know why Casey was so crazy about her. She is a God-fearing, loving, caring, and honest woman of God who is anointed by Jesus Himself to carry out love in its truest form - kindness. 

I write this blog for them, but also for every other single man or woman, engaged or married couple. We all need to be reminded that love is everlasting, love is beautiful, and love just is...

I have attached the video that Casey made for Genna as an introduction for proposal...well done Casey. ;) My friends, I encourage you all to not only watch this video, but to walk away encouraged and uplifted. As I watched it this morning (again) God gave me 2 very important reminders:

1. Love Is...

I will never understand what Jesus did for me. I will never understand why Jesus died for me. I will never fully understand why He still loves me despite my sin, but He does. He loves us more than we can ever possibly imagine. He loves us in the midst of our sin and He loves us in the midst of our highest success.   
  
What a beautiful picture of love in this video. The love Casey feels from our Savior and that same love overflowing into his love for Genna. It's a beautiful picture Christ and the church - as it should be. 

2.  Don't Give Up...

I wouldn't be writing honestly if I didn't say what every other girl was thinking in this video. "Is there anyone left like Casey..." (Bonus affirmation for you Casey...) 

All the single ladies...God specifically wants us to hear this:

"My daughters, you are loved far more than you could ever possibly imagine. I have your story written. I have the moments of your life planned. I always work things together for the good of those that love me. So love me my daughters, fall in love with me everyday. I have great and wonderful things in store for you. Picture an ocean. Do you see the waves crashing, do you see the tide rising, do you see the sun coming up behind? Picture those waves continuing to wash away all the past hurts, wounds, and barriers that you have put against me. I am refreshing you. I am renewing you. I am rebuilding you. Know that I am here and my dear daughters, you have a man that loves you enough to die for you, and He still is loving you today...hold onto His love. Don't give up on me, because I never will give up on you..." 

So my single lady friends, we are all in this together. Believe that Love is...possible, here, coming, everlasting, unfailing, hopeful, inspiring, and encouraging - and Don't give up on that.

To Casey and Genna, I thank you for your love for the Lord, your love for each other, and your love for all those you encounter. I pray amazing and empowering supernatural blessings over you both as you start this new beginning. May you continue to fall in love with each other everyday and may you always know that with God and the love you have for each other...anything is possible. 

   

1 comment: