Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Thankful

Hello Friends,

If you didn't know, next week is Thanksgiving. Yes, that means you get to....EAT! 

I love this time of year, people start thinking and reflecting on their lives and the life they led in 2012 starts to flash before all of our eyes. 

I know one day I will look back on this time in my life and be thankful for the strengthening, the severing, the teaching, and the transforming. Day after day in the past month I have thought about the light at the end of the tunnel. We all go through seasons where the hardship outweighs the...well, more hardship. That season is upon me but I can finally say I see the light flickering ahead of me. 

I want you all to be encouraged that though hardship may come and some days may seem longer than others, that God IS with you and me.

I will be the first to tell you that I have questioned, yelled, and even stomped my foot at our precious Savior wondering when it would all make sense or get easier.

But today, no stomping, no yelling, just thanking. 

I'm thankful for:

1. God's forgiveness, love, and grace
2. My family - though we all have flaws, they are still God's divine gift to me. 
3. Best Friends - I have no idea where I would be without them.
4. Anointing- Though I don't know my final destination, I hold onto the promises told to me. 
5. Job- I love my job. Though it is crazy and changing - I am blessed.
6. My Car- I take this for granted a lot, but this last month I realized what a blessing it is to have one. 
7. My Church- Having a body of believers surrounding you is something that encourage and uplifts the soul more than you/we ever could on our own. 
8. Prayer- It's my love language to my Savior.
9. You- Thank you for reading my heart and following me on this journey called life. 

The months ahead may be rough but if I look to God and thank Him for what He has already done and know my heart will be filled with the faith needed to carry on...

"And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him." Colossians 3:17

Happy Thanksgiving! 


No comments:

Post a Comment