Friday, November 18, 2011

Growth in the Cafeteria

Good Morning All,

I hope you are all doing fine this lovely Friday morning. I am in a particularly GREAT mood because I fly back to Texas today for the week and it is always a joy to see family and friends.

I am writing just a short blog this morning to encourage you and to praise the God who is great and merciful. This morning while eating breakfast in the cafeteria of my women's dorm in NYC I was amazed. This same cafeteria was the same cafeteria I sat just 3 months ago wondering how I would ever make it.

You may be saying "Oh Jess...dramatic, much?" Although you might be right and I could honestly agree with you, well now. But then, I thought my world would never be at peace again. I thought the agony of walking away from the friends, family, church, and life I had in Denton could never be the same or replaced by a strange and crazy city.

Are there times in your life when you just can't see past your circumstance?

I am writing this because God knows you and I both need to be reminded that you are not alone. You have been given a purpose and a calling and you have been sent according to HIS purposes and for HIS will to be done. I spend hours thinking I might miss out on what God is sending me into, all the while He knows that His plan cannot be messed up. HE KNOWS.

So I encourage you, although times may have been or are tough, thank God for the grace and mercy that He still knows you. May it give you a peace to know that although the world may seem strange and crazy some days/weeks/months, the God of your heart is never strange or crazy, He is known and peaceful. 

May we be reminded to rely on the known and peaceful.

This was my growth in the cafeteria, although the growth in my heart is proving to be much more appealing :)

Have an amazing Thanksgiving and may you be thankful for your friends, family, and the beautiful place you call your temporary home!

<3

No comments:

Post a Comment