Sunday, November 13, 2011

Angels in the Wilderness

Through many times in our lives we all come to a point where life, love, and hope are all interuppted by heartache or heartbreak. There is no notice of these interupptions, only the grace of God leading you to a way of healing before you ever realize you will need it.

"At once the Spirit sent him into the desert, and he was in the desert forty days, being tempted by Satan. He was with the wild animals and angels attended Him." 
Mark 1:12-13

I sat in my dorm room here in NYC last night and cried out to the Lord wondering why, how, and if. These are common questions we all face in life. These are what I call my interupptions. As mentioned before God has changed me, transformed me, and loved me through this whole new wilderness. I have been tested, and although it has been longer than forty days, I know the angels are still attending me.

I am learning to love God through whatever circumstance, trust in Him in whatever waiting period, and fall in love with Him through the however long this season of singleness! He has wooed me, pursued me, and is now changing me to be the woman He sees me to be. His plan is beautiful and perfect. So the flaw is only my unbelief in that plan.

So all I can do is cling to His truth and be thankful for my angels in the season of wilderness. I am thankful for The Apostles Church, my Flatiron Community Group, my wonderful friend Ramzy, and my beautiful and angelic mother. These are just a few of my angels, though many more are here...not all physically, but spiritually.

This is why I write these, in hopes that God's angels would wrap around you in the world of your own wilderness. I don't know where you are at or where God has brought you, but I do know that God loves you and that He has brought angels to attend you just as He did with Jesus. So be aware of where the angels are in your life, for those are His little miracles He gives you to let you know He is here.


"I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world." John 16:33

No comments:

Post a Comment