Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Just Talking...

Hello All,

I was reading through Facebook, just like every other day, and came across this article on one of my friends pages...http://www.huffingtonpost.com/yashar-hedayat/a-message-to-women-from-a_1_b_958859.html

This article is a must read for a guy and girl. I wouldn't say it was the highest priority, but I would deem it has more relevence in today's society than most other books and articles.

I love to encourage and uplift women and to lead them to the beautiful realization that Christ is wonderful and is fully able to satisfy their every desire and longing.

With that being said, the point of this blog entry is to relate a point and a realzation on my part! God created us women to be loved and adored and be wooed and pursued. I believe with my whole heart that one day God will bring a man into my life that, without much doing on my part, will love me despite my flaws. The problem with today's society is that many men are too scared to realize the importance of being honest with themselves and owning up to their own. So then they place "emotional manipulation" on the hearts of their friends, girlfriends, and/or wives. I read this article and was appalled that none of this had occured to me sooner. Because even I have thought to the point of "It has to be me, I'm the crazy one..." After many fights with the opposite sex on issues revolving around who did what and what that meant, I realize that I was right and I wasn't crazy.

This is not a feminist blog in no means, and I am compleltey aware of the flaws and mishaps of us women, but there has to be a point when men in my generation learn to stand up and not coward out.

"It's a whole lot easier to emotionally manipulate someone who has been conditioned by our society to accept it. We continue to burden women because they don't refuse our burdens as easily. It's the ultimate cowardice."

Although I have many amazing guy friends in my life, because I know some might read this, I do feel that "most" young men do not realize or even want to understand the heart and sensitivty of a women's heart. It is crazy to me that the same things that attracts a man to a women are the same things he will manipulate.

Disclosure from all of this is that I know that ALL men are not this way and I know that ALL women are not manipulated. I am going off of the notion of secular society and thought I would generate my point into all of this!

I just want to encourage young men, as I lift this up in prayer as well, to appreciate the women in your life and honor them with integrity and respect. And women, understand that every guy is not going to be your prince charming and do not hold them to that expectation. For all men and women, let God be your constant and know that through His truth and guidance all of this will become substantially easier!

<3

No comments:

Post a Comment