Thursday, September 1, 2011

My New Canvas

Hey Guys!

Well it has been quite a couple of weeks, earthquakes and hurricanes and work, its been pretty busy! I hope you all are doing great and starting out September on the right foot! I just wanted to share an encouraging word with you!

I believe God has called me to New York to start a new chapter. What this looks like to me is a new canvas being put up on a stand and our Artist ready to take His paintbrush and paint the next steps of my life. I believe we have been called to hand over our lives to the Author and Perfector of our faith and I believe for each of us there are seasons/chapters that we are given to pin point our lives and spiritual journeys.

I was given the vision of me sitting down with a little girl and giving her four paint buckets and handing her a big white canvas. As I laid the canvas down she began to do what little girl's and boy's do best, throw the paint all over the white paper where when finished (parents call a beautiful piece of artwork) all I saw what big splotches and a mess for me to clean up. The the Lord so graciously says, would you like me to try? As I do the same with the Lord, I hand Him the paint and same white canvas and when He is done, my eyes have never seen such a beautiful piece. In my last canvas was my friends, my family, my heart, my past, lilies, diamonds, roses, and many other wonderful images that describe the last few years of my life. I am in awe and simply say, "You are the Artist of my life, I will hand my heart, my life, and my canvas over to you."

I say this all to describe the season I am in. I have a brand new white canvas and soon there will be images that our Artist will paint on my canvas, and my prayer now is that I don't try and take the brush away; but its simple, do we want splotches and mess or do we want majestic and beauty? Yes, I know, all our life is not beautiful images, but God does work all those images together for the good of those who love Him, and since He does this, all our life is just a gallery of beautiful art.  God looks at this gallery and at the end of our lives can fully say, "Well done, my good and faithful servant"

So I pray this was encouraging and enlightening; it was for me. I pray you let God be your Artist and that we all together put down our brushes and hand over our canvas to the only one who can paint the right road ahead!

I heard this song Sufficient by Adie Camp and I love the words:
"In my weakness I'm finding your strength
In my sorrow a gentle embrace
Thru the seasons of laughter or pain
You are listening
When I call out your name"


No comments:

Post a Comment